Pat Testing in Kent
Mobile:07545 571889 Office: 01227 388177
Here at Jackson Electrical Services we off a complete range of Pat Testing services. We cover all types of environments and locations, domestic and commercial, and off our Pat Testing services to trades, landlords, schools, shops, hotels and many other organisations.
We carry out Pat Testing throughout the south east of Kent including Canterbury, Herne Bay, Whitstable, Margate, Broadstairs, Ramsagte, Dover, Folkestone and the surrounding areas.
Frequency of Pat Testing
The frequency of Pat Testing lies with the duty holder, who must asses the need for Pat testing against the following:
- Type of equipment (portable, hand held or transportable)
- Style of use (continuous, infrequent, rough)
- Age of the equipment
- If regularly moved or transported and by what means
- Type and competence of personnel using the equipment
- Environment of usage (outdoors, construction sites, hazardous atmospheres etc).
- Results of previous tests
- Manufacturer’s recommendations
- Effect of any modifications or repairs to the equipment
Why do we Pat Test?
Current UK legislation states that businesses must maintain electrical equipment in a safe condition.
They also have a legal responsibility to ensure the safety of employees and the public.
The Electricity at Work Regulations also place a legal responsibility on employers and self employed persons to take reasonable practical steps to ensure no danger results from the use of any electrical appliances.
During PAT Testing, All items with a plug are tested using top of the range, calibrated test equipment.
All items are labelled with an electrical safety pass sticker showing date of test, asset number.
Need a quote for some Pat Testing? Call or email us today